To have courage for whatever comes in life — everything lies in that.
At Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in all circumstances and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We ensure that we:
- practise safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- equip the children with the skills needed to keep themselves safe
- establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop in confidence and independence
- work within the school’s Safeguarding Policy (based on the Croydon model)
The Safeguarding Policy has clear procedures in place which all staff are aware of. Parents and carers are able to read the Policy on the school website and are free to discuss issues surrounding policy and practice with the Executive Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher or Chair of Governors.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies where there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns are discussed with the parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Persons for Child Protection are:
1. Mrs Tessa Christoforou – Head Teacher (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
2. Mrs Michelle Spain– Deputy Head Teacher (Inclusion)
Our Governor responsible for Safeguarding is:
Maria Eka – Safeguarding Governor
If you are concerned about a child’s welfare, please record your concern, and any observations or conversation heard, and report to one of the Designated Persons as soon as possible the same day. Do NOT conduct your own investigation.
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to one of the Designated Persons in confidence, who will refer the matter to the Headteacher (or the Chair of governors if the concern relates to the Headteacher) – who will consider what action to take.