Sutton Catholic School Alliance (SCSA)
There are eight families of schools in the Sutton Catholic School Alliance (SCSA) who are committed to working together in a variety of ways; at leadership and governance level and with teaching and support staff to improve the studens' experience and secure the future of Catholic education in the London Borough of Sutton.
Work is rooted in the seven principles of Catholic Social Teaching (CST)
1. Dignity – ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’
2. Solidarity - ‘In truth I tell you, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers or sisters of mine, you did it to me’
3. The Common Good – ‘You are not making a gift of your possessions to the poor person. You are handing over to them what is theirs’
4. The Option for the Poor – ‘The spirit of the Lord is on me, for he has anointed me to bring the good news to the afflicted. He has sent me… to let the oppressed go free’
5. Peace – ‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid’
6. Creation and the environment – Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
7. The dignity of work and participation – ‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’
The SCSA will further develop their partnership through joint work focusing specifically on;