Regina Coeli believes that high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
At Regina Coeli we aim to:
- Teach children to be active and to gain a sense of enjoyment in the widest possible range of physical activities appropriate for their age.
- Aid development through exploring basic skills and actions in order to perform with increasing control and co-ordination.
- Support children in their development of positive attitudes to themselves, others and the environment including working together co-operatively and competitively.
- Allow children opportunities to make decisions about their own work and to act independently.
- Give scope for children to reflect on their work in order to improve it.
- Lead children to an understanding of why exercise is an essential part of healthy living.
To view the PE Long Term Plan click here